- Job Description
The role of the Media planner is to be the day-to-day steward on media issues on assigned brands. To this end, as the Media Planner you will be required to develop and maintain media plans/buys for all brands/clients that you are assigned. You must also maintain an intimate knowledge of their clients’ business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
1-3 years of agency/related experience required.
- Required Skills
Our agency philosophy is rooted in how we work. We do what other agencies do, but it’s how
we do it that makes us the best partner.
- Think in solutions, not problems.
Roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to achieve the common goal.
- Sweat the small stuff.
Dig into the details. Understand the client’s business or challenge as well as they do so you can be a trusted partner.
- Remember relationships matter.
Relationships are a tool that can lead to growth – for you and for the agency. Actively listen and put effort into your relationships to build trust, find mutual ground, and create better connections.
- Challenge creativity and data to coexist.
We live in a data-driven world, but that doesn’t mean we sacrifice creativity. The marriage
of creativity and data drives consumer behavior and fuels smart solutions and results for our client partners.
- Have fun. Communications is about connecting – we spend our days telling stories, being creative and occasionally racing towards impossible deadlines. All the while, we share smiles and let music and laughs flow. Together.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- In-depth understanding of media fundamentals (1-3 years of media and/or related experience)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong Communication Ability
- Understanding of digital media (Display, Mobile & Search) preferred
- Aids in the development of Media Objectives and Strategies – the sound, strategic platform on which media plans are based.
- Develops and presents media plan options that adhere to the strategic platform and recognize client marketing direction/goals.
- Co-manages, with the Media Supervisor, all day-to-day communication on media-related assignments/issues.
- Development and presentation of client Point-of-Views (POVs), Value Analyses and new
- Manages and executes all media plan adjustments including changes in budgets, scheduling, communication goals, creative units/length, media mix.
- Financial management. Provides Account Management with information necessary to create media authorizations. Manages budget tracking with Assistant Media Planner. Ensures that
all media bills are processed in a timely manner – helping AMP resolve discrepancies
- Monitors media buys. Ensure that broadcast buys are achieving the goals provided to the
client, providing print/outdoor positioning reports, and developing tracking reports for Interactive campaigns.
- Enhances the performance and productivity of subordinates through training.
- Keeps supervisors and key Account Management personnel up to date on media plan changes, budgets and other media related projects.
- Maintains a good rapport with media sales representatives.
- Serves as key point of contact with broadcast buyers.
- Explore media alternatives and be creative in recommending media solutions.
- Works with Supervisors and/or Media Research personnel to enhance his/her understanding
of media tools/software, research studies and media trends.
- Professional Development (annual performance reviews, training and development opportunities, mentoring, leadership coaching, etc.).
- A strong, vibrant, and growing commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across all aspects of the agency, our people, our culture, our commitment to vendors and clients, and to our community. Read more about our commitment in our Pledge and Actions for Change.
- Competitive, equitable salaries reviewed annually to ensure equity in market.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, generous leave policy, 10-11 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefits (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
- Job Location
- Philadelphia, United States
- Position Type