WXPN, a public media organization, is looking for a Business Support Sales Representative to generate and cultivate business for the underwriting team. Experience in sales, corporate promotions or marketing required. This employee will be based at the WXPN office with at least 50 percent of time outside of the office on sales calls. Must have personal vehicle and valid driver’s license for client visits. This position involves spending the majority of work time engaging in business development activities.
Under the direction of the Sales Director, design and implement sales efforts targeted to potential corporate sponsors for local programming and digital assets. Meet established sales and collections goals. Manage current accounts to ensure timely collection and to increase renewal revenue. Prospect for new business. Work with other station departments including marketing, events and programming as necessary. Attend staff meetings, industry conferences when appropriate, and networking events.
Please include cover letter with your application.
• Work directly with the Sales Director to design and implement sales efforts targeted to potential corporate sponsor
• Manage current accounts to ensure timely collections, increase renewal revenue and meet established sales and collections goals
• Provide accurate and timely paperwork including sales reports, traffic and production orders, on-air copy, and client proposals
• Work with other internal departments including marketing, membership, events and programming as needed
• Attend sales training meetings, networking events, staff meetings and industry conferences when appropriate
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Face to face meetings with potential sponsors and current sponsors is essential.
• Ability to prospect for new business is imperative.
BA/BS or equivalent education required. At least two – three years of hands-on experience in sales, corporate promotions or marketing required. Experience with selling media will be an asset.
$37,220.00 – $60,000.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
How To Apply
Formal application for this position MUST be made through the University of Pennsylvania Online Employment System.
Only applications that include BOTH a cover letter and resume will be considered.
No phone calls, please.
For more information and to apply:
• Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• Tuition: Take advantage of Penn’s exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
• Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
• Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
• Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
• Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
• University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
• Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you’ll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
• Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
• Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
• Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.