Responsible for assisting and coordinating plans with senior level communication leaders and conducting public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the company. Plans and directs development and communication of information designed to keep external audiences informed of our company’s programs, accomplishments, or point of view. Organizes a significant flow of work and meets appropriate deadlines while representing the organization. Ensures communication plans and messaging are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development.
The ideal candidate will have approximately 5-7 years of experience in a PR/Comms role with excellent writing skills and a strong understanding of media relations and industry events. Knowledge of advertising and/or advertising technology preferred.
- Represents, coordinates, and supervises public relations activities that facilitate communication of the organization’s message to external audiences.
- Focuses direction and efforts on understanding what audience is to be reached and with what message.
- Works and collaborates with company leaders, other members of the communications team and internal departments such as social media and marketing to drive the best outcomes.
- Serves as liaison with external stakeholders, such as press, industry partners, and event organizers.
- Writes and edits external communications materials including award entries, messaging, bylines, biographies, and press releases.
- Assists in pitching and managing earned speaking engagement opportunities at industry events for leaders and attends such events when appropriate.
- Practices media relations with pitching announcements, coordinating interviews, and responding to requests.
- Coordinates executive headshot photo shoots.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.