- At least five years’ experience at a public relations agency and/or an in-house communications managerial role for a professional services company or public policy, journalism, government, nonprofit, agency or professional services background
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or other liberal arts discipline
- Manages relationships with clients and leads project teams, developing project timelines and key deliverables
- Develops, drives and implements multi-faceted communications, media relations and grassroots advocacy plans
- Supports the creation of compelling written materials including press releases, media advisories, letters to the editor/op-eds, media pitches, speeches, testimony, byline articles, digital content, etc.
- Manages media outreach, including both proactive (crafting pitches, developing reporter relationships, etc.) and reactive (taking media calls about events, breaking news, crisis communications, etc.)
- Manages campaigns and coalitions around advocacy issues, including email communications and regular contact with coalition partners and key stakeholders
- Assists with the management of statewide grassroots efforts such as letter-writing, op-ed or LTE campaigns as well as targeted media placements designed to complement government relations strategies
- Maintains relationships with key local, regional and statewide stakeholders – including reporters/media outlets, elected officials, civic and community leaders, business leaders, etc.
- Monitors clients’ businesses and industries to maintain a current knowledge base; provides clip reports to clients as needed
- Directs planning of, and manages staffing for, client-related events
- Attends public community stakeholder meetings to support clients’ needs (requires flexibility to work outside normal business and some travel)
- Participates in business development efforts by researching, generating RFP responses and proposals, preparing case studies, attending new business meetings and cultivating relationships with prospective clients
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly focused, organized, and with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience leading project teams or client work; client service experience and poise working with senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities
- Proficient in leading and integrating digital and social media campaigns into traditional earned media or advocacy efforts
- Understanding of best practices for digital advocacy, social media campaigns, and tracking analytics
- Strong understanding of communications and advocacy; proven track record of engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and influencing skills
- Results-oriented and service-minded with ability to develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Willingness to adapt to the many changing requirements/needs of a fast-paced company and industry
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Conscientious, motivated, self-directed, and proactive with a willingness to take on additional projects
- Proven track record of excellence, ownership, and accountability
- Confident personality supported by disciplined, logical thinking and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions
- Technical Skills: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office 365; knowledge of Cision, Critical Mention, Sprout Social and/or Salesforce preferred
Ceisler Media staff currently operates on a hybrid work schedule. All staff and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
Along with your cover letter, please include your resume, salary requirements and writing samples.
Please send to Careers at Careers@ceislermedia.com
Recruiters please do not contact this job posting. EOE.