Production art is an integral part of the Material creative team and process. Production artists work alongside designers, writers and creative directors to tackle layout design, digital design, photo retouching, mechanical file prep, asset requests and other tasks related to the execution of multi-media campaign elements. This role requires a high level of organization, efficiency, creative problem-solving ability, combined with superior technical skills and a strong d sign sensibility. We count on this team for last-looks precision and perfection. If you can animate? Even better.
• Collaborate closely with design team on a wide variety of creative and design projects
• Implement designs & ideas generated by designers / art directors / creative directors
• Execute layout design, digital design, photo retouching, asset management as assigned
• Execute revisions, resizes and versioning of creative campaign assets.
• Finalize mechanicals and media assets to specification.
• Create and clearly document specifications for projects requiring outside production, e.g. for printing, identify paper, size, printing techniques, binding, etc.
• Troubleshoot file and asset problems as they arise with the creative team, print vendors, video editors or developers.
• Contribute to internal file and server maintenance and organization
• Deliver high quality production output for top tier national brands like Nike, IKEA and Trex.
• Self-disciplined, diligent, collegial and possessed of a cool head
• Takes pride in error-free work
• Loves to learn and problem solve. Thrives with teamwork
• 2-5+ years experience in graphic design, production design or related field.
• Comprehensive understanding of graphic design, typography, production and presentation skills with technical proficiency using the current (Mac) versions of Adobe Creative Suite including Indesign, Photoshop & Illustrator as well as Sketch, Powerpoint and Keynote, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Powerpoint
• Deep understanding of mechanical file preparations on both the digital spectrum and pre-press production
• Proficiency with photo retouching and manipulation
• Experience with presentation design in MS Powerpoint and Google Slides
• Experience across different media such as digital, packaging and large format graphics
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently with a genetic inclination for details and project organization
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Bonus: Animation design in After Effects, Premiere Pro or Final Cut and Photoshop
• Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, paid time off, paid parking, casual dress, company-wide and team events
• Centrally located offices in energizing cities around the country along with hybrid and remote work options
• Performance-based culture and endless opportunities for growth