Agency: Visit Philadelphia
As the region’s official tourism marketing agency, VISIT PHILADELPHIA® is our name, mission, job, and our passion. We give Philadelphia a voice through groundbreaking advertising campaigns, a nationally recognized web and social media presence, and collaborative relationships with local and national partners. We want people to visit Philadelphia and love it like we do.
At VISIT PHILADELPHIA, our greatest investment has always been in our staff — smart, passionate, creative and innovative people who work hard and smart to tout Greater Philadelphia as a must-visit leisure tourism destination, and who are guided daily by our core values. That means if you are passionate, trustworthy, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, innovative, and hospitable, we’d love for you to consider joining us!
VISIT PHILADELPHIA is currently searching for a Marketing Manager to join the team.
This role is responsible for growing Visit Philadelphia’s media presence across owned and paid media channels. This includes paid advertising, paid content distribution, SEO, SEM, CRM, and the Google grant. This role is also responsible for the management of the email & web monetization program to drive incremental revenue for the organization.
The ideal candidate has a combination of strategic, writing, data analytic and project management skills as they will create, curate, manage, monitor, and optimize the advertising program across channels. They are also responsible for balancing inter-departmental priorities to implement coordinated campaigns for multiple programs (general campaign, sponsorships, special events, etc.) across Visit Philadelphia’s owned platforms.
● Develop seasonal and annual media briefs for campaign planning and advertising initiatives.
● Serve as primary day to day contact with media agency to develop and manage the implementation of media strategies and tactics for advertising campaigns including (but not limited to): General, Diverse Markets, partnerships and Joint Marketing Program
○ Challenge agency in developing cutting edge media strategies, and reporting metrics to drive tourism.
● Primary management of advertising budget; work with Finance monthly to verify all invoices, process payments, etc.
● Manage relationships with partner advertisers part of JMP program
Paid Social Content Distribution
● Analyze trends and innovations in paid social media models and social networks.
● Create and/or curate content from various content producers to be distributed across Visit Philadelphia’s social media properties to drive traffic back to the sites and/or generate engagement.
o Provide recommendations on paid creative and placements.
o Target appropriate audiences using social media advertising tools
● Perform daily management of paid social media campaigns which include: campaign launches, budget management, analytic tracking & reporting, and optimization.
SEO & SEM
● Partner with web content team and media agency to identify SEO opportunities, strategies and recommendations
● Monitor SEO program and provide results and optimization plans
● Write SEO focused content whether incremental to existing content or net new content such as a blog or new web pieces
● Manage $40k/month google grant to maximize grant dollars to drive qualified leading to visitphilly.com
● Identify additional SEM opportunities beyond the google grant, in partnership with media agency, and drive implementation
E-mail & Web Monetization
● Oversee external agency selling media placements on vistiphilly.com and VP emails; identify new opportunities, maximize current plan and track revenue
● Partner with Data & Analytics team to compile weekly measurement reports using various analytics sources and make recommendations to adjust strategies based on findings; compile monthly wrap up reports for each project.
● BA or BS degree
Specialized Experience, Skills and Abilities
● 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience, with a focus in client-side advertising account management. Agency experience a plus.
● Perception & Analysis – Ability to identify key elements of a problem; to understand the implications and impact of data or action on subsequent events; to generate innovative solutions.
● Organization/Planning – Ability to establish priorities and objectives; to gather, classify, categorize and readily retrieve information in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
● Leadership – Ability to make sound decisions as needed and the ability to direct and coordinate the activities of others. Ability to manage multiple projects at once from conception to completion.
● Flexibility – Ability to adapt to changes in strategic plan or needs of a specific campaign.
● Communications – Ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate messages through all means.
● Strong team player and willingness to contribute to department and company goals.
● Diplomatic, with a proven ability to manage teams and build consensus.
● Understanding of media trends and a good knowledge of social media as a marketing tool.
Key Technical or Applications
● Advanced proficiencies in the following applications desired: Facebook (Insights, Ad Manager, Audiences, Reports, Test & Learn), Twitter (Ads, Analytics), Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, Youtube, Google Analytics, Sprinklr and Hootsuite
● Strong organizational and project management skills
● Strong communications and writing skills
● Experience in native social media advertising platforms
● Strong analytical and budgeting skills
● Experience with Search Engine Marketing.
● Proficient in Google Docs, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
● Knowledge of and passion for the city and the five-county Philadelphia region
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required by date of hire. Individuals may claim exemption for medical or religious reasons.
We offer generous and competitive benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental and company-paid vision plans; company-paid life and disability; parental leave; pet insurance reimbursement; 401(k) and company match program; and competitive paid time off programs.
VISIT PHILADELPHIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.