Agency: Greater Philadelphia Chamber
The Chamber brings area businesses and civic leaders together to promote growth and create opportunity in our region. We support our members with practical, inspiring programs, resources, and events. All that we do serves one clear, bold goal: to make Greater Philadelphia a great place for good business.
As part of the in-house Marketing & Creative Services team, the Marketing Manager will develop compelling marketing materials and strategies to support the mission, promotion and development of the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia and its discrete business units and Councils (including the Arts + Business Council, CEO Council for Growth, Select Greater Philadelphia Council, and Young Professionals Council). Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager manages projects across a number of subject areas and disciplines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
▪ Supervise junior members of the marketing team through goal setting, performance management and mentorship with oversight of projects performed by these positions including: program, event and initiative marketing and recurring marketing materials production.
▪ Develop marketing strategies and materials for Chamber programs, events and initiatives, including copy, taglines, marketing plans and schedules, email marketing materials, social media content, and promotional kits.
▪ Act as the lead marketing resource and cross-functional team member for 3-5 industry and content specific initiatives.
This includes supporting program and event promotion in these areas; synthesizing information into reports, marketing materials, and digital content; and identifying opportunities to promote these initiatives throughout general Chamber materials. Content areas frequently shift within the marketing department based on individual interests, changing workloads, and required expertise. Potential candidates should anticipate that they may be asked to take on responsibilities in any initiative or Council area during their tenure at the Chamber.
▪ Source content, write, and distribute recurring email communications including monthly and weekly newsletters across Chamber brands.
▪ Oversee and support content development, strategy and management of the Chamber’s social media platforms, including the Chamber’s four Councils, through direct vendor oversight, personnel management, and direct management of the platforms.
▪ Manage the Chamber’s websites including timely updating and seeking out new content, editing photos, copywriting.
▪ Monitor and assign marketing tasks for specific marketing projects as required using web-based project management tools.
▪ Work with the Director of Marketing to support the marketing needs of the Chamber’s Business Development and Member Engagement teams.
▪ Support the Director of Marketing in managing and tracking of ad buys and other paid media, as needed.
▪ Provide additional support to marketing efforts, programs, events and other Chamber initiatives as needed.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, or related field.
▪ Five to seven years of experience working in a marketing role, supervisory experience and/or training a plus.
▪ Superb understanding of the mechanics of writing; an expert editor with experience writing web and advertising copy.
▪ Experience developing social media content for a business or nonprofit and managing this content through a scheduling platform such as Buffer.
▪ Experience using WordPress or a similar website content management platform.
▪ Strong project management skills, experience using a project management tool such as Asana or Cayzu is a plus.
▪ Proficiencies in MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
▪ Client-focused with a collaborative approach to developing content
▪ Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
▪ Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
▪ Strategic thinker with an innate curiosity
▪ A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team
▪ Organizational ability and attention to detail
▪ Diligence in meeting deadlines and ability to work independently and under pressure
Examples of Our Work
The Chamber provides all the benefits of working for a mid-size business combined with the values and mission focus of a nonprofit. As part of a leading organization in the region’s business community, team members have access to a wide array of resources, connections, and opportunities throughout their career with the Chamber. With 50+ employees, the Chamber is right-sized for new team members to have the support of their talented colleagues, opportunities to lead, and room for personal and professional growth. The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Learn more about Chamber culture and benefits.
The Chamber is currently working 100% remotely. Once we re-enter our offices, the Marketing Manager will work in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, at times, this role will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples/portfolio of work with their application (writing samples can consist of examples of marketing materials, social media posts, and white papers/reports/blog content).
Apply to: http://chmbr.biz/xxxlnwcajl
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.