Agency: Saint Joseph's University
Saint Joseph’s University
Human Resources Campus Partner, Benefits & Wellness
The HR Campus Partner, Benefits & Wellness serves as the lead in providing customer service to employees for all benefit- related inquiries and benefits processing. This position also serves as the University’s primary liaison for employee wellness initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide timely counsel and customer service by assisting University faculty and staff with researching problems related to benefit enrollment, family status changes, benefit continuation and resolving vendor service issues.
• Oversee electronic employee benefit election process and employment status changes by reviewing new enrollment, changes due to qualifying life events, and terminations with manual entry into the Banner system as needed.
• Communicate benefit plans, regulations and University policies and procedures. In particular, works closely with other members of the HR team in coordinating the benefits overview of the weekly and annual new hire orientation.
• Counsel employees regarding pre- and post- retirement benefits and options
• Foster positive employee relations through the administration and communication of benefits and wellness programs.
• Support the University Wellness Committee and coordinates programs to increase awareness of healthy lifestyles and opportunities for employees to pursue wellness activities in cooperation with the Administrative Staff Council and other appropriate campus committees.
• Ensure compliance with state and federal law (e.g. FMLA, CFRA, ADA, COBRA, 403(b), HIPAA, etc.) by following established benefit procedures and working with the Director of Benefits & Wellness to define new procedures as needed.
• Coordinate benefit bill payments and audits
• Coordinate tuition benefit processing.
• Serve as liaison with University insurance brokers and vendors, as well as retirement plan vendors and community partners.
• Maintain and update the benefits calendar of communications and system updates.
• Support the annual Open Enrollment and Benefits Expo and other wellness events.
• Work in partnership with the Compensation team to prepare annual total compensation statements.
• Provide support to the Director of Benefits & Wellness, which routinely involves highly confidential information and situations of broad scope, such as project management, research, scheduling, and communications to the CHRO and all HR senior staff.
• Conduct and participate in benefits and wellness surveys and benchmarking studies.
• Set up and update enterprise systems for benefits.
• Facilitate reconciliation and audit testing for retirement plans and other benefit programs as required.
• Support the planning and facilitation of HR sponsored events.
• Serve as the backup to leave management areas
• With the other HR Campus Partners, provides back up support to all areas of HR including general coordination of the front desk.
• Serve on University committees as requested by the Director of Benefits & Wellness and/or the CHRO.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
• Need to be able to use a keyboard (minimally partial manual dexterity).
Visual acuity to the level of being able to read computer screen and perform data
• Bachelor degree and 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant human resources functional role
• Intermediate to advanced skill level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web content management and internet search software relevant to the position.
• Intermediate to advanced skill level in function specific database software; demonstrated success in managing data with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written communication skills – including phone, letters, email, voice-mail, one-on-one, and the ability to compose effective communications to broad audiences within and outside the university community
• Demonstrated high-level of organizational, communication and customer service skills.
• Competent in the use of office machines, including multi-line telephone system, fax machine, copier.
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/18984.
Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph’s is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.