Agency: Humid Creative
Specialty: Graphic Design
Humid Creative is looking for a highly creative and self-motivated graphic designer to join our brand communications team.
First, a little bit about you…If you are looking to introduce a little more variety into your design diet while maintaining a positive work/life balance, then this is a great opportunity to work with a multi-faceted team of creatives on a smorgasbord of brand focused projects within the healthy living and active lifestyle markets. If you have 5+ years of experience as a designer working with consumer facing brands, a passion for design and a general enthusiasm for the outdoors, then we want to hear from you. You must be capable of working collaboratively in a fast paced agency environment, while demonstrating a working knowledge of the branding process and a deep understanding of the industries that we serve, and willing to have some fun while doing it.
• Produce design deliverables from conception to completion for brand identity systems, digital media, advertising, packaging, collateral, website design, apparel, trade shows, and more
• Consult with client’s in-house creative, marketing, and sales teams to define scope, present recommendations, and implement creative solutions
• Demonstrate the ability to embrace a strategic and collaborative approach to projects
• Assist with sourcing materials and managing projects through printing/production process with outside vendors
• Collaborate with in-house designers, developers, and subcontractors
• Participate in developing digital content for our website and social media
• Occasional travel either locally and/or nationally may be necessary
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE TABLE:
• Bachelors degree in graphic design or related creative field
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant design experience
• Experience working with brands within the industries mentioned above
• A passion for the outdoors, health and well-being, and environmental sustainability
• Proficiency in the Adobe Suite
• Ability to develop design concepts independently, as well as collaboratively to meet client deadlines
• Ability to juggle projects from multiple clients at once
• An acute understanding of the branding process from both brand development to ongoing brand support that communicates the messaging and aesthetic of our clients
• Clear written and verbal communication skills and an ability to contribute to both internal brainstorming sessions and client-facing meetings
• Highly organized and great attention to detail
THE EXTRA SIZZLE:
• Demonstrated interests or involvement with the brands and industries that we serve
• Experience in an agency environment
• Photography Skills; lights, styling, editing and retouching
• Copywriting skills
• Strong sketching skills – hand and digital
• Illustration or hand lettering skills
• Package design experience, especially for direct to consumer brands
• Front-end web development skills; ability to perform basic maintenance, updates and troubleshooting to existing client websites
Now, a little bit about us…Humid Creative is a design agency with offices based in the Philadelphia and Los Angeles areas specializing in brand communications, product design, and retail marketing. We pride ourselves on our laid-back, no-ego company culture that embraces a team-based, collaborative approach to crafting “brand-right” solutions. The sandbox that we play in is the same one that we work in, filled with brands from the outdoor and power sports, natural products, health and beauty, food and beverage, and lifestyle industries. You can find our clients’ products located in grocery stores, outdoor retailers, bike shops, independent dealers, or even in their own retail locations. We offer a flexible and hybrid work schedule, unlimited vacation time (as long as you’re getting your work done), company-wide paid winter holiday break, professional development opportunities, healthcare without a probationary period, parental leave, simple IRA with employer matching, and a competitive salary. Throw in lunchtime bike rides, backcountry snowmobile trips, work retreats to the mountains or the beach, random birthday parties, happy hours, and all the discounted spoils of working with some really cool brands, and you’ve got a pretty sweet deal.
We are currently operating under the philosophy that we have offices open and available to you if you want to use them, but if you are a rockstar at collaborating remotely, that’s fine too. Our home creative office is based just outside of Philadelphia, but we are accepting applications from around the country. Don’t worry, between our office in California and our clients spread across the globe, we are well versed in navigating digital interfaces and timezones.
Interested designers can submit resumes, portfolio, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Cover letter preferred but not required. No phone calls or recruiters, please! Applications submitted without a design portfolio or samples of work will NOT be considered. Compensation for this position will be open for discussion and will be determined based on relevant experience level and skillsets.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org