Agency: Harte-Hanks Direct
Director of Social and Search
What we’re looking for:
A believer in what can be. Someone so wholly taken by the poetry of the feed, they build their career in search of the perfect environment to obsess over people and create digitally inspired experiences they know they’ll love.
This role is responsible for the direction of all social and search strategy, planning and execution across our client base. You should be a passionate social and search strategist with a highly collaborative spirit and understanding of the power of global teams. Above all else, you thrive on finding unusual, uncommon insights in the data.
What you’ll be doing:
• Acting as the subject matter expert on all social and search strategy.
• Leading a team of social and search analysts and creators across two offices.
• Strategically framing social and search insights for the broader strategy team.
• Presenting findings to clients and directing programs and approaches.
• Participating in new business insight mining and presentation creation.
• Leading culture wayfinding through digital trends.
• Directing content strategy needs of the creative team.
• Leading day-to-day operations of the Harte Hanks social and search approach.
• Identifying tools and partnerships needed to strengthen our approach.
Requirements of the role:
• An obsessiveness about culture and why people post the things they post.
• Social analytics experience, preferably with Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch or Netbase.
• Google Analytics, SEMRush and/or Moz experience.
• Paid search and social experience.
• Quick to deliver fast insights.
• Also, capable of building larger strategic recommendations.
• Knows the social platforms intimately and is always on top of developments.
• Has experience leading a small, but mighty team.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relative writing-intensive field (English, Marketing, History)
• Agency experience required.
About Harte Hanks
We are a customer experience company. Everything we do is based in behavior. Completely obsessed with people, we use deep data and even deeper empathy to understand why they do the things they do. Finitely focused on the moment of decision-making, we pride ourselves on getting as close as possible to people through intimate experiences that inspire behavior and drive growth for our clients.
Harte Hanks is an industry leader in data-driven, omnichannel marketing solutions and logistics. What makes us further differentiated is our ability to work deeply with data and drive all the way through to engaging the customer – digitally and physically. The fuel that powers this company is customer data. We offer clients around the world the strategic guidance they need across the customer data landscape as well as the executional know-how in database build and management, data analytics, data-driven creativity, digital media, direct mail, customer contact, client fulfillment, and marketing and product logistics. Harte Hanks has approximately 2,200 employees delivering solutions in North America, Asia-Pacific and Europe.