Agency: Ceisler Media & Issue Advocacy
– Minimum seven years’ demonstrated communications and/or public relations experience at a public policy, corporation, government, nonprofit, agency or professional services background with track record of success.
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, Journalism or other liberal arts discipline
– Leads relationships with clients and project teams, ensuring exemplary deliverables.
– Manages integrated communications and/or grassroots advocacy campaigns.
– Develops compelling written materials including press releases, media advisories, letters to the editor/op-eds, media pitches, speeches, testimony, byline articles, , thought leadership, etc.
– Enhances earned media and grassroots efforts through the integration of compelling digital media, including developing social media content and toolkits.
– Manages media strategy including both proactive and reactive activities, with the ability to serve as a spokesperson or client representative when necessary.
– Develops campaigns around advocacy issues, identifying the tools and stakeholder engagement plan required to support strategies.
– Works with Ceisler staff and clients to support crisis communications efforts
– Engages in grassroots efforts such as letter-writing, op-ed or digital campaigns as well as targeted media placements designed to complement government relations strategies.
– Builds relationships with key local, regional and statewide stakeholders – including reporters/media outlets, elected officials, civic and community leaders, business leaders, etc.
– Monitors clients’ business and industry news to maintain a current knowledge base and regularly evaluates opportunities to support clients’ needs beyond existing engagement.
– Follows industry trends for client and communications sector, seeking ways to apply new approaches and best practices to client activities.
– Participates in business development activities, including representing the firm in the community, at industry events and securing new clients. Regularly reviews activities and participates in firm-wide planning efforts.
– Demonstrated leadership experience
– Experience leading high profile project teams or client work
– Excellent oral and written communications skills
– Impeccable attention to detail and organization skills
– Proven sound judgment and project delivery under tight deadlines and competing priorities
– Strong understanding of communications industry with a proven track record with media engagement
– Excellent interpersonal, networking, and influencing skills
– Results-oriented with ability to lead, develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
– Willingness to adapt to the many changing requirements/needs of a fast-paced company and industry
– Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented culture and to provide mentorship to staff, while also working independently
– Proven track record of excellence, ownership, and accountability
– Confident personality supported by disciplined, logical thinking and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions
– Strong project and time management skills, with the ability to pivot from projects based on demands
– Technical Skills: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office 365; proficiency in Cision, Critical Mention, Sprout Social and Adobe Suite software a plus
Ceisler Media staff currently operates on a hybrid work schedule. All staff and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
Along with your cover letter, please include your resume, salary requirements and writing samples. Please send to Careers at Careers@ceislermedia.com Recruiters please do not contact this job posting. EOE.