Agency: En Route
About the Opportunity
En Route – a passion-driven, strategic marketing agency servicing tourism, cultural and civic projects – has experienced significant growth in revenue, employees, and project scope over the past 24 months. The future is incredibly strong for the agency as Philadelphia prepares to be a centerpiece of the United States’ 250th anniversary celebrations, welcome the FIFA 2026 World Cup, and increase investment in tourism and cultural projects.
En Route seeks an exceptional marketing professional with a proven track record in marketing strategy, digital marketing, content strategy, and team leadership to provide expertise and creativity that will benefit the agency, staff, and clients. This is a senior-level position that requires team and account management abilities to positively impact client satisfaction, team development, and agency goals.
The Director of Client Strategy & Marketing will lead and manage the creation and implementation of client marketing programs in partnership with the Director of Public Relations.
Learn more about En Route, our work, our team, and our clients at www.enroutemarketing.com.
Reports to: CEO
Expected start date: December 2023 / January 2024
Roles & Responsibilities
• Serve as a leader for the agency to develop staff, manage operations and processes, and advance business goals.
• Work as part of the agency leadership to advance agency goals, including employee satisfaction and retention, client attraction and retention, and community engagement.
• Develop efficient and effective strategic and tactical marketing programs to positively impact owned, earned, paid, and social media for clients.
• Actively participate in events and accounts, developing relationships, maintaining communication, attending meetings and events, and managing deliverables.
• Oversee and assist with the implementation of marketing campaigns across various channels, including paid media, SEM, social media, and email marketing.
o Research and analyze paid media vehicles and opportunities based on client goals, strategies, and budgets.
o Implement, manage, and track paid media campaigns.
o Manage and monitor paid social media and Google Ads campaigns.
o Guide content for client social media and advertising campaigns.
o Oversee and manage client budgets.
o Use data and analytics to manage tactics.
• Work with team members to generate reports and analyze data to provide insights and recommendations to guide marketing programs.
• Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging media. Identify and create new opportunities to deliver value for clients in the competitive marketing landscape.
What You Offer
• 10+ years of marketing agency, account management, or relevant experience
• Significant leadership and management experience
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Ability to create and build positive relationships with staff and clients
• Experience creating and implementing strategic marketing programs
• Experience managing and implementing paid media, SEM, and paid social media efforts.
• Experience managing content for various communications platforms, including social media, websites, and email marketing
• Effective project management skills; ability to work on multiple projects seamlessly and efficiently
• Experience managing research, report generation, and data analysis
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
• Ability to work with various clients and partners
• Ability to work well under pressure, both autonomously and as part of a team
• Desire for professional growth, education, and development
Diversity and inclusion are central tenet to the En Route team. Candidates of various backgrounds who can bring new experiences and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
En Route staff currently follow a hybrid work model split between work at En Route’s office at 1315 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, and remote work/work from home.
Travel to client sites in the Greater Philadelphia region and regional events will be required. Candidates must have and maintain a valid driver’s license but need not own or have access to a vehicle. En Route subscribes to a ridesharing company for regional transportation needs.
Standard work hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Thursday, and 9 am to 5 pm Friday. Candidates must be available and willing to work some evenings and weekends to assist with client and agency events.
Employee benefits include medical benefits (80% agency funded), dental benefits (100% agency funded), long-term disability insurance (100% agency funded), 401k program with employer match, paid time off, cultural allowance, and professional development opportunities.
Please send a resume, salary expectations, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Director of Client Strategy and Marketing” in the subject line of the email.
Applications that do not include salary requirements will not be considered.