Shiny is a strategic creative services agency based in Wilmington, DE. Our goal is to create work that matters for our clients, and that drives their business to greater success. We work across digital and traditional touchpoints, multiple industries with a focus on financial services, and both b2b and b2c.
We’re looking to expand our team with a Design Associate that can help us deliver great work for our largest client relationship and help take it to the next level.
The Design Associate reports to the Art Director (AD.)
Design Associate Job Description
The Design Associate (DA) is responsible for supporting the Art Director (AD) in the execution of design work. Working under their direction, the DA is responsible for creating design materials across all mediums and ensuring that the work is consistent with given strategic direction. Creative thinking, effective time management, working as a part of a team, keen attention to detail, and good humor are hallmarks of what is needed in a successful DA.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for creating or refining design assets for client projects
• Responsible for understanding the goal of the client project, the overall strategic direction of Shiny’s solution to that project, the specific creative direction provided by the Chief Creative Officer/AD, and for developing design solutions that meet those needs
• Accurately and consistently tracks time in Harvest
• Contributes to internal process improvement initiatives by sharing suggestions or helping pilot new approaches identified by other team members
• Supports business development activities beyond assigned clients, as requested
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must have an innate design sensibility and openness to continue honing the craft
• Must have a high degree of energy, motivation and dedication to quality and excellence
• Must be able to follow creative direction and feedback effectively and efficiently
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
• Must have comfort working within multi-disciplinary teams, which may consist of client service, project management, technologists, media experts, etc.
• Must be able to handle multiple, diverse tasks and production efforts simultaneously
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills
• Must have a focus on detail and driving results
• Must have experience with Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Suite
• Print experience is a nice to have
• Must demonstrate capacity and experience living Shiny’s core values of curiosity, fearlessness, problem solving, working as a team, taking ownership, being honest, and celebrating diversity.
Experience & Education
• 0 – 4 years in a fast-paced, professional environment or comparable internship experience is preferred
• College degree is preferred but not required
Shiny is an equal opportunity employer.
• Hybrid work environment (work one day or more per week in our Wilmington, DE office)
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 401(k) with company match
• Unlimited time off
• Professional development budget
• Company-paid disability
• Fully paid family leave
• Amazing and fun team members
Annual salary range: $50,000 – $55,000
To apply please send your resume, with link to portfolio if applying for the Design role, to firstname.lastname@example.org