Athena is a marketing consultancy where great ideas take flight. With a blend of strategic thinking, creative vision, and hands-on execution, we partner with organizations looking to transform their presence, reputation, and performance. For over ten years, we’ve delivered business insights, marketing strategies, and brand activations for leading organizations in industries ranging from telecommunications to major league sports. Our people make Athena, Athena. They’re what help set us apart from traditional ad agencies and consultancies. As a 2023 Philadelphia Inquirer Top Workplace, we take pride in fostering a work environment where passion meets excellence. Our people are solutions-oriented individuals who eagerly roll up their sleeves to make work that works while sharing a couple of laughs along the way.
We’re looking for a Copywriter who excels in helping cross-functional teams find creative and compelling ways to connect with their audiences. The role calls for great strategic thinking, flawless execution, ambition, and optimism. What kind of creative work will you do? We’re glad you asked. Because our work doesn’t really fit inside any kind of standard Advertising/PR/Communications/Marketing box, there’s no “standard” creative brief here. You’ll deal in both big ideas and tactical copy. We’re the kind of creative department that will help a client elevate the storytelling of their briefing deck in the morning, work with cross-functional leadership teams to craft new business proposals after lunch, and then end the day brainstorming a direction for a client brand identity with the design team.
What you’ll be responsible for:
– High-level concepting, tactical program ideation, copywriting, and copyediting for a wide range of brand experiences, social content, marketing deliverables, and business development materials.
– Successfully communicating and presenting creative ideas, strategic rationale, and copy.
– Collaborating with Athena team members from design, events, strategy, analytics, and project management to produce smart, powerful work that delivers beyond the ask.
– Strategically and creatively elevating existing work (presentations, print pieces, reports, website copy, etc.) from Athena’s cross-functional teams.
– Partnering with the design team to bring storytelling to life visually.
– Translating complex and ambiguous concepts into simple and effective messages and deliverables.
The skills and experience you should have:
– 2+ years of relevant experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Social Media, and/or other related fields
– A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
– Energy, a sense of humor, and an open and curious mind.
– Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills in a variety of voices and tones.
– Solid grammar, editing, and proofreading capabilities.
– Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively.
– Know what’s trending, what’s great work and the difference between the two.
– Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Medical/Dental benefits including of 1K Health Reimbursement Account
– Matching 401K
– Generous PTO policy
– Substantial Parental Leave Policy
– Hybrid Work Environment
Curious about your career path at Athena? This role is within a rapidly growing creative department and the right candidate can excel, produce great work, and have an immediate impact on Athena’s creative product culture and growth.
Oh, and our application process is open, easy, as transparent as we can make it, and painless. We need team members like you to join us! Let’s get started.
Athena is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at 866.299.6040.