The Assistant Media Planner (AMP) position is an entry-level position designed for candidates looking to begin a career in Media Planning. The primary role of the AMP is to assist in the development, execution and stewardship of paid media plans. Through the use of quantitative research, analytical systems and creativity, as the AMP, you will assist in the selection of specific media vehicles to maximize the impact of paid advertising messages. You will be required to execute a number of administrative duties that will improve the productivity of your direct supervisor and the department as a whole. This includes but is not limited to document duplication, meeting coordination and compiling/maintaining research materials.
Our agency philosophy is rooted in how we work. We do what other agencies do, but it’s how
we do it that makes us the best partner.
- Think in solutions, not problems.
Roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to achieve the common goal.
- Sweat the small stuff.
Dig into the details. Understand the client’s business or challenge as well as they do so you can be a trusted partner.
- Remember relationships matter.
Relationships are a tool that can lead to growth – for you and for the agency. Actively listen and put effort into your relationships to build trust, find mutual ground, and create better connections.
- Challenge creativity and data to coexist.
We live in a data-driven world, but that doesn’t mean we sacrifice creativity. The marriage
of creativity and data drives consumer behavior and fuels smart solutions and results for our client partners.
- Have fun. Communications is about connecting – we spend our days telling stories, being creative and occasionally racing towards impossible deadlines. All the while, we share smiles and let music and laughs flow. Together.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant experience
in the Advertising or Media fields
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook/Express, with the ability to learn new computer systems.
- Exceptional mathematical abilities
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong communication ability – written & oral
- Develops a deep understanding of media math, media management software, media research tools/software. You will receive formal training to ensure that you can excel in this area.
- Generates newspaper/print, outdoor, interactive and alternative media purchase orders and issues documents to the appropriate media vendors.
- Compiles and analyzes relevant media research data in preparation for media objectives & strategies and plan recommendations. This includes but is not limited to: compiling media cost and audience data from media vendors, evaluating media research data (MRI, ABC, Nielsen, Arbitron. Media Audit), conducts competitive media spending reports.
- Maintains accurate media budget tracking spreadsheets and updates all information on a monthly basis.
- Resolves all media billing discrepancies and ensures that all media vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Develops points-of- view (POVs) and value analyses to support specific media vehicle recommendations.
- Updates client media flowcharts.
- Maintains records and prepares periodic reports and may be required on assigned accounts.
- Assists Media Planner with the development of media plan recommendation documents.
- Monitors trade publications for new media trends.
- Professional Development (annual performance reviews, training and development opportunities, mentoring, leadership coaching, etc.).
- A strong, vibrant, and growing commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across all aspects of the agency, our people, our culture, our commitment to vendors and clients, and to our community. Read more about our commitment in our Pledge and Actions for Change.
- Competitive, equitable salaries reviewed annually to ensure equity in market.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, generous leave policy, 10-11 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefits (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.