· Deliver news-related stories to the market, familiarizing yourself with the script in order to read it well and conversationally on air during multi-hour morning show
. PHL17 morning news, is a fun, fast paced show with plenty of banter between anchors on set and reporters in the field. The ability to adlib and be a member of the “cast” is critical to the continued success and growth of the show.
· Prepare and write copy for newscast and web
· Write news information for the station’s internet website, social media, and other enterprises as required
· Review and scrutinize the copy written by less senior reporters and MMJ’s to prepare the story for air
· Involvement in community events as directed by the station (As needed)
· Fill in for other anchors to cover vacation and other time off (As needed)
· This position may occasionally be called on to provide special reports for the newscasts (As needed)
· Ability to ad lib during both breaking news situations, and for lighter talk segments.
· Stay up to date on what’s trending both locally and nationally
· Interact with guests both live in studio and live on location in the field